After qualifying as a physiotherapist in the United States, I worked in orthopaedics, and spent five years with the US women’s alpine ski team before specialising in paediatrics in New York. I have worked mainly in schools and preschool environments (children aged 3 to 5 years old), in early diagnosis in children (0 to 3 years) presenting a variety of orthopaedic and neurodevelopmental conditions. I am particularly interested in autism, attention deficit, disruptive behaviour, and sensory disorders.
I have experienced the advantages of a multi- and interdisciplinary approach in my work and I am happy to join the Centre qap team, which reflects this philosophy.
My training includes:
- Developmental Orthopedics of the Trunk and Lower Extremity (Beverly Cusick)
- Sparking Change in the Treatment of Children with Diplegic Cerebral Palsy (Beverly Cusick and Susan Hastings)
- Pediatric Gait Analysis and Orthotic Management (Elaine Owen)
- Therapeutic Evaluation and treatment of Pediatric Equinus (Toe Walking) from PT’s and OT’s perspective (Liesa M. Persaud)
- Developmental Orthopaedics of the Trunk and Lower Extremity (Beverly Cusick)
- Dynamic core for Kids (Shelley Mannell, Julie Wiebe)
- Paediatric Kinesio Taping