Centre qap therapy coordinator, Paediatric physiotherapist
Passionate about the psychomotor development of babies, children and young people, I have been working in paediatric physiotherapy for more than 18 years.
Over the years, I have trained in the treatment of various paediatric pathologies: neurological, neuro-developmental, respiratory and orthopaedic.
With a view to teaching and sharing my knowledge, I trained as a clinical educator to supervise student practicums. I have been teaching for several years now at the Haute École de Santé (HEdS) in Geneva.
Promoting the importance of multidisciplinary support for the child and encouraging collaboration between the various health professionals and the family have always been central to my approach. This is what motivated me to join the members of the Association Lokhos in setting up Centre qap.
My professional education includes:
• Paediatric neuro-developmental therapy (NDT) according to the Bobath concept – child and baby module, and refresher sessions
• “Autogenic Drainage in Cystic Fibrosis”– specialised respiratory therapy training
• “Climbing Therapy”– special training in the practice and teaching of climbing for therapeutic purposes
• The Halliwick Concept/ Water Specific Therapy, modules I and II – aquatherapy
• Certificate of Advanced Studies, Clinical Educator for student practicum supervision, University of Applied Sciences and Arts, Western Switzerland (HES-SO)
• Physiological Chains in Babies (Michèle Busquet)
• Kinesio taping in paediatrics (Khelaf Kerkour)
• Conservative treatment of talipes / club foot